About the role - Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our Data Privacy Compliance platform, OneTrust is seeking an awesome Senior Backend Developer to join our application R&D team.
As a SR Backend Developer, you will be an experienced Java (Java, Spring, SQL, Azure) with a strong track record of applying Agile methodologies and complex problem solving skills to develop enterprise ready software on cloud platforms. The candidate should also bring a strong DevOps mindset, with experience working in Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment environments.
The SR Backend Developer has a clear understanding of the privacy industry, including regulatory environment, and uses this knowledge to support all of the primary responsibilities. To thrive in this role, the SR Backend Developer will help keep OneTrust on the forefront of industry trends, competitive landscape and continually improve our core platform.
Typical day/week snapshot – SR Backend Developer
- Design, develop, and unit test applications deployed to MS Azure; assist with cloud application architectural design
- Provide support for scoping and key project estimates
- Develop test cases to be executed during development
- Conduct and lead peer reviews
- Contribute to sprint planning
- Help plan and participate in daily scrums, sprint retrospectives, and sprint demos.
- Mentor junior software developers
- Stay current on modern software development best practices, emerging technologies, and design patterns and contribute to thought leadership efforts.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical or business field
- 6+ years full software development lifecycle
- Core Java, REST, Spring, Web API
- Database Knowledge (SQL)
- Agile development (Scrum, XP, or Pair Programming) experience
- Experience with cloud application development (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, or Amazon Web Services)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment - DevOps mindset
- Stay current on modern software development best practices,emerging technologies, and design patterns and contribute to thought leadership efforts.
- Experience with Open Source Frameworks such as log4net or Swagger
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) (Moq, Cucumber)
- Working on Enterprise scale projects
- Passion for high quality work and attention to detail